Potoler dorma by Irena Chowdhury
- 5large potol (parwal)
- to taste salt and sugar
- ½ tbs turmeric powder.
- ¾ cup coconut, grated.
- 2 potoatoes. Boiled and mashed.
- 3tbs cashew nut, chopped.
- 1tsp mongo powder (amchur)
- 1tsp red chili and cumin seed, dry roasted and powdered (bhaja masala)
- for frying oil
- Peel potols. Cut one end/ mouth of the potols and scoop out the pulp with seeds with help of knife.
- Marinade potols with salt and sugar.
- Heat oil and fry the potols till its cooked. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat oil and stir fry grated coconut lightly.
- Mix together fried coconut, mashed potatoes, cashew nuts , salt, sugar, mango powder, baja masala.
- Stuff each potols with this mixture.
Makes: 5 potoler dorma.