Misti polao by Irena Chowdhury
- 3 cups Basmati rice, soaked in water for 45mins.
- 6 cups water.
- to taste salt and sugar.
- 2tsp turmeric powder.
- ½ cup ghee
- ½ cup cashew nut, broken.
- ½ cup raisin
- 1tsp garam masala powder.
- 1tsp garam masala, semi crushed.
- 1 bay leaf.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add bay leaf, crushed garam masala and rice. Stir fry for some time.
- Boil water in another pan.
- Add the rice and masala in the boiling water.
- Mix salt, sugar, turmeric powder, cashew and raisins.
- When the rice and water starts boiling turn the heat off and cover the pan.
- Keep it covered till the rice gets cooked.
- Mix garam masala and ghee.
Makes : 3-4 servings.